PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or information related to other method of payment), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We protect your Personal Information and ensure that our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of your Personal Information comply with the laws of Canada.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- processing your application as a Registered Customer;
- providing you with our services;
- the normal management, operation, and maintenance of our e-store;
- providing you with regular communications from us with details of our e-store business and relevant benefits;
- providing you with Goods or Services which you have requested;
- processing your order for purchases on our e-store, including verifying your payment details/status;
- carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your characteristics and buying behaviour and to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting Goods or Services that are likely to be of interest to you;
- designing new or improving existing services provided by us to you;
- investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions, and research for service improvement;
- prevention or detection of crime;
- disclosure as required by law; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use PayPal to power our online store–you can read more about how Paypal uses your Personal Information here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
You have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your Personal Information;
- access your Personal Information held by us;
- require us to correct any Personal Information which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Information and the type of Personal Information held by us;
- opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time.
Any request in relation to the above shall be in writing (sent by post or email) and addressed to:
6490 Hawthorne Dr,
Windsor, ON N8T 1J9
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
6490 Hawthorne Dr,
ON N8T 1J9
More about legal information and data protection click here